Heard this story in church yesterday…
An English teacher was explaining to his students the concept of gender identification and how it originated in the English language. He explained that hurricanes were named for women; ships and planes were referred to as “she.”
A student asked, “What gender are computers?” The teacher didn’t know, so he decided to let the class decide. The males went in one room to deliberate; the females in another.
The women returned with four reasons to refer to a computer as a male:
1) Computers have lots of data but are still clueless.
2) To get a computer’s attention, you have to push the right buttons.
3) Computers are supposed to help you solve the problem, but half the time, they are the problem.
4) As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had just waited a little longer, you could have had a better model.
The men concluded that the computer should be referred to as a female:
1) No one but the creator understands their internal logic.
2) The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else.
3) Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long term memory for later retrieval.
4) As soon as you commit to one, you find you’re spending half your paycheck on accessories for it.
this is FUNNY!!