1. What has been the best part about being published?
The best part of being published for me has been all the people I have been able to meet, that probably would never have come into my life. People I have met at book signings, public speaking, or on line.
2. What do you wish you had known when you first started out as a writer for publication?
I wish I had known how slow the process is. From writing the book to actually seeing your work in print.
3. Do you plan your stories first with an outline or does it come to you as write it?
4. Has it been a bumpy ride to becoming a published author or has it been pretty well smooth.
5. How important do you think self-promotion is and in what ways have you been promoting your book offline and online?
I read one day not long ago, that it’s not who writes the best book, but who learns how to promote it.
I have two web sites and three blogs. When I started writing the first blog (www.authorsden.com/kathrynneffperry) it was strictly for entertainment. When I wrote a newspaper column years ago, it was to make people realize even when bad things happen to us, we can usually find humor in it. I try to continue that tradition through that blog.
My second blog (www.kattskomments.blogspot.com) is to help other writers stay encouraged and inspired. My third blog (www.everydayblogers.blogspot.com) is one I share with 7 other writers.
My web site (www.kathrynneffperry.com) is where people come to check in. See what I’m doing. They can subscribe to my newsletter, ask a question, or just say hi. They can also purchase both my books from my website.