Friday Fun: Dog Walks

Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 4.37.46 PM

I get the biggest kick out of watching people with their dogs, out on a morning constitutional. Without fail, the dogs are charging ahead, tails keeping time like the needle on a metronome. They’re just so darn happy! Rain or shine, hot or cold, those pups are ready to hit the pavement.

Dog Whisperer Cesar Milan says that it’s part of their migratory instincts.

Makes sense to me. Time to go walk my dogs!

So have you ever wondered why dogs like to walk? Share your guesses in the comment section below for a chance to win a copy of Amish Values for Your Family!

thechoice-banner

Start the Lancaster County series today! Pick up a copy of The Choice ebook for FREE from AmazonBarnes & Noble, and Christian Book Distributors!

Comments

1. Pat Thompson says:

I think dogs like the one on one time with their masters. They are very proud and like the outside time.

2. Dee says:

I’ve had multiple dogs at one time over 20+ years, walked my joints and feet to misery. However, walking them is my ultimate favorite thing in life! I believe it is stimulating to them to see/hear/smell and be outdoors as they were meant to be. Mine live inside of course but still, they are part of nature so to be out and about in it is very fulfilling for us all!

3. Faith Posten says:

Dogs love attention from their masters almost any time. From my prospective, walks are one of the ways which really helps them bond. My dog also loves to be brushed. He knows about the time when I’m going to brush him and he sticks to me like glue until I brush him. Then he is quite happy and goes off on his own. LOL

4. They like to get outside where they can get exercise . . . much better than being house-bound or penned up!

5. Crissy Shamion says:

To get out and find new scents, maybe make new friends and play. Possibly take the owners for a walk…

6. Donna B says:

I think my dog likes the extra attention and exercise. She loves to smell of everything!

7. Betty says:

Our dog Harley loves to walk and run with my husband, he loves to smell everything and run free as the wind. (course my hubby is a runner so they can run together)
    Harley can stretch his muscles after laying around all day, he loves the attention he receives while walking also.

8. Ola Norman says:

It’s fun!

9. Loretta Shumpert says:

As far as my dog, I can tell that he loves the sun on his back. When the sun shines in his eyes, his eyes nearly close and I can tell he is content. And he loves to run and is good exercise for him.

10. Robin Bunting says:

I think dogs like to go out because there are all those delicious smells in the air and all those enticing things after which they may chase. Always on the move, out doors just lets them go. Sure would love a book.

11. Barbara says:

Our dog liked the treats she got

12. Vivian Vereeke says:

My dog loves to explore. Not only does she smell everything, she’s got to lick or eat nearly everything too! I say she’s got the quickest tongue in the midwest. I swear she’s part lizard!

13. Frances Cavallo says:

Dogs want to go out and experience something different, maybe adventure. We can put our minds out that way when we are reading a good book!!!

14. mary ellen ashenfelder says:

Our dog like to go out to run & jump and get exercise and fresh air. She also enjoys sniffing everything & anything and getting her treat when we get home.

15. Sonja says:

They love one-on-one as much as people do, perhaps more. And they love being with their masters, their family and play and just be together. We people should often follow their examples in that way!

16. Awesome issues here. I’m very satisfied to see your post.
    Thanks a lot and I’m having a look forward to contact you.

Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?

17. sharon says:

Dogs need their exercise for the health of their bones, and their heart. It is an integral part of their lives and necessary.

18. Renee says:

I think they love to get out and explore. I read a newspaper article a few days ago about a dog gym in Alexandria, VA. People are plopping down $50/mo. for their dogs to walk on treadmills while a trainer holds a treat just out of reach. They also have balance balls and balance beams. I would think most dogs would want to walk outside with their owners. To each his own.

19. Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your
    articles? I mean, what you say is important and all. But imagine
    if you added some great visuals or video clips to give your posts more,
    “pop”! Your content is excellent but with images and videos,
    this site could certainly be one of the best in its niche.

Amazing blog!