Give Me the Simple Life: To-Do List

swf-simplelife-banner

This year, start small.

Sometimes it’s the smallest things that make the biggest impact. Rather than set a major goal that fizzles out by the end of January, commit to small things.

Here’s how I start my day: The humble index card

IMG_5959

There’s something “finite” about a small index card that makes it easier for me to manage than an on-going to-do list. Those only seem to grow longer. I love checking things off the card as the day goes on. If I don’t complete everything, I’ll re-write a few things on the next day’s list, then toss the old one!

###

Comments

1. Jackie McNutt says:

Suzanne, I like your idea of using index cards. I have spent years writing lists on paper only to have it get lost as I do other things. the index cards would be handier for me. Think I will buy some bright colored ones to help me keep track of them. Thank you

2. JILL DURHAM says:

I really love this idea. I have Lupus so everything that needs doing each week doesn’t always get done. Usually I make a weekly to-do list and then each day make a separate daily list of must-dos. I mark off everything from my weekly and daily lists as they are completed and then anything undone at the end of the day is attempted another day. I do like the idea of using the index cards. Thanks for sharing this idea!!!!

3. Kathie from CA says:

How do you organize your prayer requests? I know I offer to pray for folks and then forget sometimes and feel awful.

4. cynthia fernstaedt says:

I use little notepads. A neighbor recently gave me a huge stack of notepads/paper with pretty designs…makes looking at my lists cheerful

5. Lydia says:

A thought or what I guess I do: grab a note book, each page is a new day. Kind of a journal of what you did that day, I guess. But what wasn’t scratched off or done, can be saved for another day with more time.

6. Patty Tolliver says:

I’ll have to try the index card idea. I get too detailed and then I have to carry so much over to the next day. I really like this. I am going to get busy with that tonight. Thanks for the tip.